Wed, Oct 26|
Callahan Center Orlando Program
This new program at the Callahan Neighborhood Center is in partnership with the City of Orlando!
Time & Location
Oct 26, 2022, 2:45 PM – 5:20 PM
Orlando, 101 N Parramore Ave #1713, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
About the event
You will receive a reminder email a few days before your assignment. Please ensure to read it thoroughly. But in the meantime...
All volunteers at this ORD program MUST complete a DCF background check and complete the Callahan Center Application before signing up. Please contact email@example.com for more details on how to complete this process if you haven't done so already.
Other steps to complete before volunteering:
- In the volunteer portal, read the section titled, "Volunteer Manual & Points to Keep in Mind When Volunteering"
- Read and sign Child Protection Clause
- Watch this 15-minute sensitivity training video and complete the Quiz
By volunteering with us, you are acknowledging that you have read these documents, watched the video, and will abide by the guidelines described. You understand you may be removed as a participant if you violate any of these guidelines.
- Drawchange uses art to help children cope with their daily stresses. Art is only the vehicle.
- Since art is only the vehicle, the end product isn't important. It's the journey that matters-as cliché as that sounds :)
- Please help the Program Lead with discipline. The children are cooped up in their rooms ALL day (other than school), and this is the only time "out" that they've had many of the times, so be understanding and love them through their behaviors.
- Because of this, they will try to push their limits. Your assistance in helping me manage them will be much appreciated!
- Have fun! They can tell when you're stressed.
We want to be sure all our volunteers are dressed comfortably, appropriately, and ready to work with children. Please make sure to dress appropriately and remember that you are representing drawchange. Do not dress like you are going to the gym right after or like you are attending their summer camp. A good example would be a loose-fitting shirt and jeans or pants-no flip-flops. Thank you for cooperating!
Thank you for volunteering with us!