Sun, Sep 04|
Tucson Welcome Center
Children recently released from border patrol arrive at the welcome center before their next destination. They are able to relax and create after such a tumultuous time!
Time & Location
Sep 04, 2022, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
About the event
You will receive a detailed email a few days before your assignment. Please ensure to read it thoroughly. In the meantime...
As a reminder, you must complete these forms to complete before volunteering:
- In the volunteer portal, read the section titled, "Volunteer Manual & Points to Keep in Mind When Volunteering"
- Read and sign the "Child Protection Clause" in the volunteer portal
- Watch this 15-minute sensitivity training video
- Show proof of a background check completed in the past year or complete a background check with us. (send an email to email@example.com if you need an invite)
By volunteering with us, you are acknowledging that you have read these documents, watched the video, and will abide by the guidelines described. You understand you may be removed as a participant if you violate any of these guidelines.
You must refer to your program lead at the time you volunteer to hear the specific COVID restrictions put in place by your program's location.
1. Drawchange uses art to help the children cope with their daily stresses. Art is only the vehicle.
1A. Since art is only the vehicle, the end product isn't important. It's the journey that matters-as cliché as that sounds :)
2. Please help me with discipline. The children are cooped up in their rooms ALL day (other than school) and this is the only time "out" that they've had many of the times so be understanding and try to love them through their rowdiness.
2A. Because of this, they will try to push their limits. Your assistance in helping me manage them will be much appreciated!
3. Have fun! They can tell when you're stressed.
Thank you for volunteering with us!! We are very appreciative of you.